The draft is underway!

Click here to go to your war room, or visit the war room item in the draft menu.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Completed Trade: Washington and New England

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
3/31/2017 12:28 pm
Washington sends:
2018 Round 2 Selection 7

New England sends:
Brett Luther (WR)

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Washington and New England

By Booger926
3/31/2017 2:40 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
Washington sends:
2018 Round 2 Selection 7

New England sends:
Brett Luther (WR)

Damn!!! If I knew you were desperate for a WR, you should have contacted me.

Re: Completed Trade: Washington and New England

By Authorccurrier
3/31/2017 5:00 pm
Booger926 wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:
Washington sends:
2018 Round 2 Selection 7

New England sends:
Brett Luther (WR)

Damn!!! If I knew you were desperate for a WR, you should have contacted me.

I'm not desperate, I just needed to add a little bit of talent (and depth) to my roster this offseason. I genuinely like my TEs, and think they bring great value to my spread system, and I have a good trio of WRs (2nd year stud John Woolbright, 2nd year stud Kenneth Price, and 29-year old Glenn Reynolds, a FB/WR hybrid out of Auburn), but Reynolds is thinking of retiring sometime in the near future, and adding a third 2nd year stud in Brett Luther will be great for my team's condition. Also, I was looking for youth at WR, and figured I would by low on Luther, who is improving and a proven commodity, instead of throwing a dart at a WR in the draft. Some of those guys are actually scary. Luther's future improved by +5 in one year. Hopefully that will continue, giving me further value.

Your two young receivers were tempting. Quayle is too expensive for me, though, and Robert Russell hasn't revealed whether or not he's a bust. Luther will probably end up being better than Russell. Your 25-year old, David Shulz, is also tempting, but he's a bust. I'd rather have a reliable talent without the extreme athletic talent of Shulz than have someone who is magic with the ball, but can't consistently catch it or get open.