League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Cap space

By Halfneck35
4/10/2017 10:49 pm
How do I make salary cap space?what's best way to negotiate contracts and save on cap?I'm new to this and I've read blogs to save space and don't understand it.someone make it dummy proof for a newbie like me please

Re: Cap space

By raymattison21
4/11/2017 6:40 am
Halfneck35 wrote:
How do I make salary cap space?what's best way to negotiate contracts and save on cap?I'm new to this and I've read blogs to save space and don't understand it.someone make it dummy proof for a newbie like me please

Cut or trade players with high salaries . ...not high bonuses.

By Pernbronze
4/12/2017 7:31 pm
In some cases it might be better to hold on to horrible players even for a couple seasons rather than cut them and taking a massive cap hit next season.

By Halfneck35
4/12/2017 9:59 pm
Thanks for input you guys.I understand this team won the division last year but I can't see it this year.that last owner had to know what he was doing.I have no clue.all new to me.

By Pernbronze
4/12/2017 10:27 pm
Just look more to what the strength of your guys are, For example if a QB is slow or low arm strength throw short passes to avoid sacks. If your line is slow but good blockers consider a power back, If they are weak but fast, use a speed back and outside runs. Even seemingly awful players can have redeeming qualities and play at a high level. Other players can have higher ratings but not play as well because they are in useless stats or stats that don't mesh well. (this is hypothetical, I'm new too but been reading up a lot and played a lot of football games.) Any of the vets feel free to correct me.