League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Week 6 Picks

By ssid_27
5/05/2017 11:02 am
Here we are, already in Week 6 of the season. It's pretty clear who the team to beat in the NFC is, the Rams..........well, not really, it's the Eagles. As far as the AFC goes, there are some good teams like defending Champion Chiefs, Jaguars, Steelers, and the Ravens. But I guess until someone can knock off the Chiefs, they're the team to beat in that Conference.

Minnesota will beat Chicago
Houston gets past Oakland
Kansas City over Los Angeles Chargers
Indy over Jax (I don't know why I think this)
San Francisco over Arizona
Green Bay runs over Denver with their bowling ball of a RB
Los Angeles over Seattle ( gotta go with my own team, otherwise I may as well forfeit)
Dallas over Atlanta
Miami over Tampa Bay (to decide second place in the state of Florida)
N.Y. Jets over Cleveland
Cincinnati over Buffalo (Cincy had an impressive last minute victory over the Cowboys)
Baltimore over Pittsburgh (could get scrappy, these teams and their fans do not like each other)
Tennessee over New England
New Orleans over Carolina
Washington over N.Y. Giants in a big NFC east game....all of them are.
Philadelphia keeps soaring high over Detroit

I am 55-22 for the season.

Re: Week 6 Picks

By Authorccurrier
5/05/2017 1:28 pm
ssid_27 wrote:

You're picking correctly.

Why does it seem like only 4 or 5 owners are active?

By ssid_27
5/05/2017 4:30 pm
I don't know. I do know that Seattle has an active owner. Baltimore does. The Eagles.. I like this league better than the other one I have a team in. Maybe because it's getting to be nice weather, everyone is busier....idk. Good Luck on your game tonight, hopefully Hubert can get it going again like last season.

By absolut
5/05/2017 5:30 pm
The league is active, just not a talkative bunch. Which is fine

By Booger926
5/06/2017 6:17 am
ssid_27 wrote:
Here we are, already in Week 6 of the season.
Cincinnati over Buffalo (Cincy had an impressive last minute victory over the Cowboys)

Thnx for believing in me, even though it came with a injury price to 13 players

By Authorccurrier
5/06/2017 12:13 pm
ssid_27 wrote:

Guys, I think Hubba Hubba is BACK!!!

27/33, 346 passing yards, 5 TDs, 2 INTs... one of them came when my team was supposed to be winding down the clock right before half-time and my RB had a breakaway run, all of the sudden my team was throwing the ball after that, trying to get into field goal range, I suppose. Please tell me that he at least got offensive player of the week?

EDIT: Oh yeah, and he had 2 carries for 19 yards.
Last edited at 5/06/2017 12:14 pm

By ssid_27
5/06/2017 12:25 pm
That's usually your call on Offensive Player of the Week. A win in the big NFC East is big in itself. You can analyze the stats better than myself. (I've been into looking at stats ever since I was a kid, but lack some of the insight) But before you make your decision take a look at Ngo and his performance. It is in a losing effort so I suppose it would rule him out? It is professional football and this league hands out no participation trophies.

By ssid_27
5/06/2017 12:27 pm
Ouch! It looks as if Cincinnati's lines on both side of the football have been decimated. Hope you can keep your QB in one piece and put a little pressure on the opponent.
Last edited at 5/06/2017 12:29 pm

By ssid_27
5/06/2017 12:36 pm
ssid_27 wrote:
Here we are, already in Week 6 of the season. It's pretty clear who the team to beat in the NFC is, the Rams..........well, not really, it's the Eagles. As far as the AFC goes, there are some good teams like defending Champion Chiefs, Jaguars, Steelers, and the Ravens. But I guess until someone can knock off the Chiefs, they're the team to beat in that Conference.

Minnesota will beat Chicago1-0
Houston gets past Oakland2-0
Kansas City over Los Angeles Chargers2-1
Indy over Jax (I don't know why I think this)3-1
San Francisco over Arizona 4-1
Green Bay runs over Denver with their bowling ball of a RB5-1
Los Angeles over Seattle ( gotta go with my own team, otherwise I may as well forfeit)5-2
Dallas over Atlanta6-2
Miami over Tampa Bay (to decide second place in the state of Florida)7-2
N.Y. Jets over Cleveland8-2
Cincinnati over Buffalo (Cincy had an impressive last minute victory over the Cowboys)9-2
Baltimore over Pittsburgh (could get scrappy, these teams and their fans do not like each other)10-2
Tennessee over New England11-2
New Orleans over Carolina12-2
Washington over N.Y. Giants in a big NFC east game....all of them are.13-2
Philadelphia keeps soaring high over Detroit13-3

I am 55-22 for the season.
Looks like I missed picking the winner on my game, Los Angeles (so close to pulling off the upset), Los Angeles Chargers beat KC, and Detroit pulls off what I thought was the impossible and beat Philadelphia.. so for the season I am 68-25.....I would be fired in Las Vegas but I don't work there.

By Booger926
5/06/2017 1:53 pm
Authorccurrier wrote:
ssid_27 wrote:

Guys, I think Hubba Hubba is BACK!!!

27/33, 346 passing yards, 5 TDs, 2 INTs... one of them came when my team was supposed to be winding down the clock right before half-time and my RB had a breakaway run, all of the sudden my team was throwing the ball after that, trying to get into field goal range, I suppose. Please tell me that he at least got offensive player of the week?

EDIT: Oh yeah, and he had 2 carries for 19 yards.

Even though there is a bygame cat for stats, there needs to be a date. Thnx for pointing out an improvement