League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Week 14

By ssid_27
5/24/2017 11:57 am
Okay here we are in week 14. There are some big games this week as the top teams in BOTH conferences play each other. The AFC North is undecided with Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and Baltimore still able to win their division. There are a few games on the other end of the spectrum as well. Chicago at Denver, Buffalo at Cleveland, Oakland at Los Angeles.......what does an owner wish for in these games? Your season is over. Winning take
s you out of the #1 draft pick "race", and I don't think anyone playing, coaching, management of a team at this level likes to lose..I am 121-68 for the season.

SF over AZ
Min over GB for 1st Place in the Black and Blue Division
Houston over Jax this game has playoff implications (I think)
Denver over Chicago in the Brown Paper Sack Bowl
Kansas City over Indianapolis (this game could go either way really) should be a tough game
LA Chargers over Las Vegas Raiders in the Toilet Bowl
Dallas over Seattle in the NFC's top teams match up.
Miami over Atlanta(Florida Georgia Line doing the National Anthem) so arrive after kickoff
NY Jets over Tampa Bay
Cleveland over Buffalo in the Garbage Bowl
Baltimore and Cincinnati struggle to a tie.(I had Cin as Cle)
Tennessee beats Pittsburgh
New Orleans over New England
Washington over Carolina......can Washington rise from the ashes? or at least stop the bleeding?
Philadelphia over New York Giants in a BIG NFC East game that the Eagles gotta win.
Los Angeles Lambs...I mean Rams over Detroit in a Big game for the Lions if they want to make it to the post season.

An entertaining week of games this week with a lot at stake and nothing at stake (except a #1 draft pick).

Note to the Los Angeles Chargers......Sorry to have grouped you in with the leagues bottom group, I do realize you have a better record than my Los Angeles Rams. It just makes for a good write up.
Last edited at 5/24/2017 9:24 pm

By Booger926
5/24/2017 4:07 pm
ssid_27 wrote:
Okay here we are in week 14. There are some big games this week as the top teams in BOTH conferences play each other. The AFC North is undecided with Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and Baltimore still able to win their division. There are a few games on the other end of the spectrum as well. Chicago at Denver, Buffalo at Cleveland, Oakland at Los Angeles.......what does an owner wish for in these games? Your season is over. Winning take
s you out of the #1 draft pick "race", and I don't think anyone playing, coaching, management of a team at this level likes to lose..I am 121-68 for the season.

SF over AZ
Min over GB for 1st Place in the Black and Blue Division
Houston over Jax this game has playoff implications (I think)
Denver over Chicago in the Brown Paper Sack Bowl
Kansas City over Indianapolis (this game could go either way really) should be a tough game
LA Chargers over Las Vegas Raiders in the Toilet Bowl
Dallas over Seattle in the NFC's top teams match up.
Miami over Atlanta(Florida Georgia Line doing the National Anthem) so arrive after kickoff
NY Jets over Tampa Bay
Cleveland over Buffalo in the Garbage Bowl
Baltimore and Cleveland struggle to a tie.
Tennessee beats Pittsburgh
New Orleans over New England
Washington over Carolina......can Washington rise from the ashes? or at least stop the bleeding?
Philadelphia over New York Giants in a BIG NFC East game that the Eagles gotta win.
Los Angeles Lambs...I mean Rams over Detroit in a Big game for the Lions if they want to make it to the post season.

An entertaining week of games this week with a lot at stake and nothing at stake (except a #1 draft pick).

Note to the Los Angeles Chargers......Sorry to have grouped you in with the leagues bottom group, I do realize you have a better record than my Los Angeles Rams. It just makes for a good write up.

Well, if you don't root against me or for me, what am I suppose to do?
And Cleveland, being the trend setter they are, has decided to play twice as hard as every one else.

They're the Browns.......what can I say?
Last edited at 5/24/2017 4:09 pm

By Authorccurrier
5/25/2017 11:36 am
Washington stopped the bleeding... one of the most spectacular games in Washington history...

George Hubert went 13-for-21, (61.9%) with 216 yards, (10.28 YPA) 4 TDs, and 0 INTs. The 4 TDs, 0 INTs, and 10.28 YPA are all very good figures, where the others are more or less average figures. Still, an admirable performance by Hubert in a game where the ball wasn't thrown very much, because RB3 had a very special game...

Robert Billings III took over at RB this game after Joshua Gong hurt his knee on his final carry last week, a carry that made him single-season 1,000 yard rusher in franchise history. Coach William Weinman was nervous, despite RB3's good rushing ability that he's shown in the past (he was the team's most explosive and most consistent rusher last season, and ran for 300 yards this season prior to this game). The ex-Baylor QB filled in at rusher once again, and on the first regular play of the game, he took the ball 75 yards to the house on a rushing play. From that point on, Weinman knew that it would be a special game for his #2 rusher.

Robert Billings went on to have the most dominant game of any skill position player in league history. On 33 touches, he took the ball 337 yards, for 10.2 yards per touch. This beats out Minnesota RB Joshua Held's early-2018 victory @Chicago, in which he racked up 312 yards on 29 touches, and Miami WR John Elliot's 9 receptions for 307 yards 2017 win over the New York Giants. Billings rushed for 304 yards on 32 rushes, with 11 of them going for 10+ yards and 2 TDs, also contributing with a 33 yard reception. Billings set three league record in his tremendous performance: Single-game yards from scrimmage (337), percentage of team's yardage generated by a skill-position player (82.39%) and single-game totals for rushes of 10+ yards (11). He also had 2 TDs, setting the tone for a tremendous victory that not only stopped the bleeding, but also magically re-grew limbs that the team didn't even know it was missing. Washington looks to build upon this dominant performance next week against Cincinnati and Booger926.

By ssid_27
5/25/2017 10:58 pm
ssid_27 wrote:

SF over AZ0-1
Min over GB for 1st Place in the Black and Blue Division1-1
Houston over Jax this game has playoff implications (I think)1-2
Denver over Chicago in the Brown Paper Sack Bowl2-2
Kansas City over Indianapolis (this game could go either way really) should be a tough game2-3
LA Chargers over Las Vegas Raiders in the Toilet Bowl2-4
Dallas over Seattle in the NFC's top teams match up. 3-4
Miami over Atlanta(Florida Georgia Line doing the National Anthem) so arrive after kickoff3-5
NY Jets over Tampa Bay4-5
Cleveland over Buffalo in the Garbage Bowl5-5
Baltimore and Cincinnati struggle to a tie.(I had Cin as Cle)5-6
Tennessee beats Pittsburgh6-6
New Orleans over New England7-6
Washington over Carolina......can Washington rise from the ashes? or at least stop the bleeding?8-6
Philadelphia over New York Giants in a BIG NFC East game that the Eagles gotta win.9-6
Los Angeles Lambs...I mean Rams over Detroit in a Big game for the Lions if they want to make it to the post season.9-7

So 9-7 for the week, overall not a good one for me. 130-75 overall. Good Job to all the teams that got the W...