League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Week two Picks

By Booger926
7/09/2017 1:00 pm
Welcome to the most anticipated post this side of the imaginary river Mijoroji. This week I have a special guest as ssid_27 and I have come together to each give our own predictions in a presentation like no other. So without further adieu, lets proceed

Tennessee (0-1) @ +8 Denver (0-1)
ssid_27 wrote:
Letson and his talented receivers go to hostile (and smoky) Denver, Colorado to face the Broncos. Clarence Funderburk is not at 100%, and their LB's have been stripped of the best they have. Still, I think Tennessee has an opportunity to be the team to represent the American Conference in the Championship game. Here is their chance to show what they can do if they open up their offence.

Tennessee felt heartbreak in their first game of the season, losing 21-29. Their D held Jacksonville to 4 FG scores out of 5 visits to the Redzone, sacked the QB once, and held the team to just 159 thru the air. But in reality they gave the game away with their turnovers, 2 INT and 2 Fumbles. They dominated in every stat except for TOP and final score. Not taking anything away from their opp, who averaged a starting drive on their own 42. And with the addition of WR David Shultz from a trade with Cincinatti, Tennessee has an air game that’s going to be in the top of the league, and to be honest….it was the first game, but……

ssid_27 wrote:
Denver had more giveaways than Touchdowns. The Bronco defense needs to pressure Letson if they want to be close in the 4th quarter. I'm going with Tennessee 45 Denver 17.

Denver also has an air game, the 3rd best in the League. Denver threw for 343 yards in their season opener, but also gave up the ball more times than they would have liked. And they have a Secondary that is beat up while Tennessee doesn’t, so I agree the gun and run style of Tennessee takes this one, but not by 32. I say Tennessee 28 – Denver 17

Minnesota (1-0) @ +3 Miami (1-0)
On any other given Simulated Sunday Miami would and should be considered the favorite to win. After all, the only thing they done lately was win their last game against Chicago by 37 points and have 471 total offensive yards. But this week they are not playing Chicago, they are playing the Champions of the North, Minnesota.
ssid_27 wrote:
Miami killed Chicago last week. The Bears had 2 picks, 4 fumbles, 9 penalties, 6 sacks. Those things didn't happen on their own. They were forced by the Dolphins.

This will be a true test for Miami.
ssid_27 wrote:
Minnesota pounds the football.

The Norsemen’s O-Line always bring a total beat down on DLinemen by the run and dare you to pack the box to stop it.
ssid_27 wrote:
Regardless of who is running the ball, Rookie or Veteran superstar.

But when you do pack the box, your D better be ready to serve strawberry preserves on the toast that will be served. The only way to beat Minnesota is to score and score fast. You have to get the Barbarians out of their comfort zone and Miami has the ability to do exactly that.
ssid_27 wrote:
Their big tough OL has taken its fair share of bumps and bruises though. I expect Miami to force some Viking mistakes and turn them into the points that win them the ballgame. Miami 27-12.

However, when you have been sitting in an igloo 7 months of the year, you learn patience is a virtue and your body gets tough. Minnesota 21 – Miami 14

Baltimore (0-1) @ -5 Atlanta (1-0)
The “Counting the Stadium Lightbulbs” welcoming World Tour continues when Baltimore brings #1 pick Broderick “Baby” Huey to Atlanta. Atlanta had 4 sacks against Detroit, who really aren't that good, and their D-line/LBs are salivating at the chance to hit the pride of the draft. Even though it was a Divisional game against a Divisional Rival, Baltimore did not show anything that should be worth noting. Was the reach for Huey an overextended grasp out of desperation? It’s starting to look like it was. Atlanta 28 – Baltimore 7
ssid_27 wrote:
Baby Huey may have to pick himself up a few times off the Atlanta turf. But he is learning and this week he is learning how to win a game. Baltimore 32 Atlanta 30.

Philadelphia (0-1) @ -10 Dallas (1-0)
ssid_27 wrote:
The Big NFC East, the biggest division in all of football. Two great defenses. Just thinking I have to face both makes the poor sport in me wish for injuries. Or an all out brawl. But I know these two organizations have too much class and pride to do anything besides play football.

These two teams hate each other so much that Dallas once served Philadelphia’s mascot as Thanksgiving Dinner. Philly’s D terrorized the league last season with their blitzing LBs who averaged 5 sacks a game until a certain team from Ohio, in which I have a personal interest in, beat them with short passes. After that loss, the bulletproof, invincible armor of the Philly D began to show kinks which everyone exploited.
ssid_27 wrote:
I think Dallas is mad about last seasons Playoff debacle

Now that Dallas has accepted the “Passing game” as their main offense instead of the running game from last season, and being favored by 10, I have to say it will be a long game for Philly.
ssid_27 wrote:
Dallas will punish the Eagles. 45-10

I agree. Dallas 48 – Philadelphia 10

LAN (0-1) @ +3 LAA (0-1)
The Battle of Los Angeles
ssid_27 wrote:
I am so pumped for this match-up. The teams are set, the field is ready, I just look across the line at the opposition as being the LA Rams owner and I see nothing to worry about. Ngo and his offense will roll. I see it as a 31-21 Rams win!

Whichever team wins this confrontation will have bragging rights for the 2nd largest city in the simulated USA, guaranteeing riots in the streets and looting of the local stores in the area for one year. Considering that there WILL be riots and looting, does anyone really care who wins. The big winners are the citizens of Los Angeles.
However, ssid supports his team and is active, as well as agreeing to do this, so I have to slide towards LAN who might surprise the citizens.
LAN 17 – LAA 10

Greenbay (0-1) @ -4 NYA (1-0)
ssid_27 wrote:
Micheal Callahan will make his presence known in the Big Apple. Not too happy about being traded to a small market team in Wisconsin, a game in New York City will make him and his teammates more comfortable with him and his role in Green Bay. GB 24 NYJ 22

To me this is the WTF Game of the Week between two teams that MIGHT be in the big game at the end of the season, but still stand hopefully behind NYJ. I really like what they did in the off-season to get them one step closer to the big dance.
NYJ 10 – GB 7

Well, there you have it. ssid and I agree on Tennessee, Dallas, and the Rams winning, while having different points of view on the Minnesota/Miami, Baltimore/Atlanta, and Green Bay / New York (A) games. I would like to thank ssid for his participation and hoped everyone liked the format.

The next post will be about the third week games of last year's 3rd place Division teams. If anyone would like to participate, just shoot me or ssid a PM.

Re: Week two Picks

By Chiwaruchk
7/09/2017 5:09 pm
Great job guys! Didn't want to do all games?
Last edited at 7/09/2017 5:10 pm

By Booger926
7/09/2017 11:26 pm
Chiwaruchk wrote:
Great job guys! Didn't want to do all games?

No, I decided that when I was going to do this, I was going to focus each week on the team's games based on their position in the divisions from the previous season. That way I could direct my attention to a limited number while guaranteeing that I cover each team at least 4 times during the season.
Division Champs will be week 1,5,9,and 13
2nd place teams will be weeks 2,6,10,and 14
3rd place teams will be weeks 3,7,11, and 15
4th place teams will be weeks 4,8,12, and 16
Some posts will be shorter due to, like in week 2, two 2nd place teams playing each other and some posts will be longer.
And I know due to the schedule that some teams might get mentioned more than others, but that is because the weeks designated team will be playing. As I mentioned, I will do each team at least 4 times thru out the season......except for that Cleveland Team which I can't stand ;)

By Chiwaruchk
7/10/2017 12:04 am
You should also avoid Cincinnati while you're at it ;)

By Booger926
7/10/2017 12:10 am
Chiwaruchk wrote:

But others might enjoy hearing about how great I am

By ssid_27
7/10/2017 12:51 am
Good Job there Cincinnati, I like the way it is put together. Let's just see if we know this league or not.. I hope we didn't get cursed by Callahan......

By Chiwaruchk
7/10/2017 1:00 am
Booger926 wrote:
Chiwaruchk wrote:

Yes, I guess it's the only place they could have that impression, not by watching your games...

By Booger926
7/10/2017 12:52 pm
Chiwaruchk wrote:
Booger926 wrote:
Chiwaruchk wrote:

Yes, I guess it's the only place they could have that impression, not by watching your games...

NOBODY beats me....
Literally
Just ask the ownership of Tampa

By Authorccurrier
7/10/2017 3:56 pm
Bummer that you weren't covering everything. My game versus San Fran would've been a good one, hype-wise. Sumo and RB3 are continuing their dangerous tandem as football's greatest bromance. Hubba Hubba did his job, too, but has to be careful about turnovers.

By Booger926
7/10/2017 3:59 pm
Authorccurrier wrote:
Bummer that you weren't covering everything. My game versus San Fran would've been a good one, hype-wise. Sumo and RB3 are continuing their dangerous tandem as football's greatest bromance. Hubba Hubba did his job, too, but has to be careful about turnovers.

Your team DOES get mentioned this week. But I'm not a writer
Last edited at 7/10/2017 4:00 pm