League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 2019 Week 4 Predictions

By Booger926
7/13/2017 5:48 pm
I had the intention of having another "conference" with ssid concerning the 4th place teams from last season's division for the fourth game of the season, but I am being pressed for time while spreading myself thin. Therefore I will not be able to fully participate in something I am hoping everyone looked forward to, and am sorry I could not deliver.

But, I would like to thank ssid for his contribution to this week's predictions. He was able to deliver.

This week’s predictions focus on last season’s 4th place Divisional participants.
And here is ssid’s predictions
ssid_27 wrote:
San Francisco (1-2) @ +2 Oakland (2-1)
The Battle of the Bay in one of it's final stages as Oakland is moving to brighter lights, more money in Las Vegas. SF looking at another QB Sanders. He has 6 TD and 2 INT.
But he has yet to find star Shifty Shiflet as the All Star has 0 catches this season.
Las Vegas Raiders have their guy Zuniga playing good football. He is rated at 114.86 and his team is relatively healthy compared to San Francisco. I think the Raiders will prevail, and the odds makers in Vegas will have got it wrong. Oakland 24 San Fran 17.

Los Angeles Chargers (1-2) @ +3 Buffalo (0-3)
Los Angeles' Ian Bradley lost his starting job to Williams. They still have not produced much offence. Enough to beat cross town rival though. But they are next to last in the league in yardage. Their offensive line is the bright spot of this team. The Chargers will have to push up field behind them if they want to win.
Buffalo is not much better in yardage gained, in fact, they're worse. They are 32nd in the league in yardage gained. The defense hasn't been able to get hardly any pressure or takeaways as they have 1 sack and 1 int. QB Campbell has 1 TD, 1 INT. I predict a 16-6 Los Angeles win. They may even score a TD?

Houston (0-3) @ +3 Cleveland (1-2)
Looking at this game it reminds me of the Houston Oilers with Earl Campbell playing in muddy Municipal Stadium in Cleveland against Koser. I don't know if they are even the same era of players.
This game Houston is the Texans. The Texas team is not using an oil rig as their mascot as the stuff is causing human extinction. The Texans really don't have much going for them at this point in time. Ebner, their RB has not been himself. One good point about Houston, they haven't let their manners slip as they have the fewest penalties. They could just properly and very pleasantly open the door and let the dogs out.
The Cleveland Browns on the other hand have Whitfield and Givens and will rudely run right over the top of anyone who stands in their way. They are 4th in rushing in the league and even though they are 1-2, no one should overlook them.
I think the Browns will give the Texans a fat lip and a long ride home.
Cleveland 30 Houston 3.

Washington @ +10 New York
A big game in the big National East Division, both teams come into this one 3-0.
Washington's Hubba Hubba Hubert has been doing his thing. He has 7 TD's to 2 INT's. and a 106.43 quarterback rating. His offensive line has been protecting him only allowing 2 sacks so far this season. Gong has been running the ball well with 400 yards on 62 attempts. They also can put pressure on opposing QB's and the team overall is +4 turnover ratio.
New York has a similar story to Washington. Excellent QB play from Baker who has 5 TD's to 0 INT. and a rating of 115.47. They are also +4 turnover ratio.
Something has to give on this game. Both QB's are playing well. The difference in this ballgame could be a special teams play or a costly penalty? The winner of this game keeps pace with the Dallas Cowboys in the East. The loser has to fend off a good Philadelphia Eagles team to stay out of last place. I think that Washington will prevail 35-25.

+5 Chicago (0-3) @ Arizona (1-2)
It seems like yesterday, an optimistic Rams team giving up both these teams first wins last year and now the Rams are looking to break into the W column and are no better than these two football teams.
Chicago has a -4 turnover ratio, they have 5 penalties per game. They are not playing good football as of late. If there are any real Chicago Bears fans (the NFL team), soccer players that like watching the kicking game, people with heart conditions (the game will not raise your heart rate), this is the game of the week for you.

Arizona has an outstanding trio of WR's, potential all stars or possibly Hall of Fame caliber.
Mecham, Moshe Coffee, and Rodney Rocha are dangerous and if Swanson can get them the ball most of the time, they will win. I see them beating up on the Bears 31-10.

Atlanta (3-0) @ +6 Carolina 2-1
National South Division match up here.
Atlanta has a potent passing game. Carter has 9 TD passes already and only 2 picks with a 119.02 passer rating. He has a trio of targets Bober, Burnette, and Rockwell and are 2nd in the league overall in passing. But one problem here. They are beat up coming into this game. 12 guys with injuries. That may make the difference.
Carolina comes in a lot more healthy. QB Hopkins is leading the team very well with 7 TD passes compared to 3 picks and a 108.54 rating. I see Carolina coming through in this ballgame to make it my upset of the week. (besides my pick of LA beating Dallas) The final score will be something like 34-31. The Carolina fans will be treated to a textbook display of professional football.

Well there they are. Cut and Edit as you would like. I'm sure it will be an entertaining article.

Last edited at 7/13/2017 5:49 pm

Re: 2019 Week 4 Predictions

By Chiwaruchk
7/14/2017 7:11 am
ssid_27 wrote:

Houston (0-3) @ +3 Cleveland (1-2)
Looking at this game it reminds me of the Houston Oilers with Earl Campbell playing in muddy Municipal Stadium in Cleveland against Koser. I don't know if they are even the same era of players.
This game Houston is the Texans. The Texas team is not using an oil rig as their mascot as the stuff is causing human extinction. The Texans really don't have much going for them at this point in time. Ebner, their RB has not been himself. One good point about Houston, they haven't let their manners slip as they have the fewest penalties. They could just properly and very pleasantly open the door and let the dogs out.
The Cleveland Browns on the other hand have Whitfield and Givens and will rudely run right over the top of anyone who stands in their way. They are 4th in rushing in the league and even though they are 1-2, no one should overlook them.
I think the Browns will give the Texans a fat lip and a long ride home.
Cleveland 30 Houston 3.

I rested Whitfield on that game.