League Forums

Main - Team News

2018 ALL ROOKIE TEAM

By Booger926
6/04/2017 4:01 pm
2018 All Rookie Team
I am proud to present the very first “True” ALL-ROOKIE TEAM for the 2018 Season. This being true since 2018 was the first year of actually picking Rookies for everyone. Please note, all the seasonal stats provided are based on stats AFTER the next to last game of the season. (Since I am eliminated from the playoffs, I figured I could spend more time working on this.) Some stats may be after the final game due to time. I am trying my best and hope everyone enjoys.
QUARTERBACKS (3)
Charles Austin – Philadelphia
The 12th overall pick 22 year old that stands 6’1” and weighs 220 from Mississippi State started 14 games, playing over 1,104 plays where he completed 55.6% of his 235 passes on 423 attempts. He threw for 2,806 yards for 21 TDS, averaging 6.63 yards per attempt, while throwing 18 interceptions. Even though he was sacked 21 times for a minus 137 yards, his QB rating was 74.84 while leading his team to a 10-3 record. He also carried the ball 29 times for 279 yards and 3 rushing TDs, averaging 9.6 yards a carry. His longest run of the season was for 41 yards.
David Blazek – National New York
The 5th round pick from UCLA was the 9th QB taken in the 2018 draft, but he played like he should be the in 1st rounder. He started 12 games, playing 745 snaps. He completed 48.2% of his 475 pass attempts (8th overall in the league) to 11 different receivers for 2,873 yards and 10 TDs while being intercepted 13 times. His longest pass of the season was for 76 yards. He was sacked 13 times for 105 minus yards while maintaining a QB rating of 63.08. He also rushed 22 times for 220 yards and 2 TDs for his team.
William Stanback – San Francisco
San Francisco just makes great QB decisions. They proved that again when they took the 6’2” Stanback out of Southern California with the 28th pick in the 1st round. At the time, other owners were scratching their heads and saying WTF. SanFran already had the league’s statistical best QB, and last year’s Rookie of the Year, in Josef Jaeger. But the front office removed all doubt with their pick against the sophomore slump. Stanback started 10 times in 11 games, taking 605 snaps where he completed 50.5% of his 378 pass attempts. His 191 completions covered 2,549 yards in the air for 16 TDs while being intercepted 18 times. He also was sacked 25 times which brought his QB rating to 66.56.
TAILBACKS/HALFBACKS (5)
Curtis Franks – Philadelphia
The little 5’9” dynamite package picked in the second round out of Purdue is a pure Triple Threat on the ground, in the air as well a definite menace to return it to the endzone on special teams. He has carried the ball for 234 times for 1,480 yards, good enough for 9th overall in the league and first among rookies. He averaged 6.3 yards a carry and had 10 rushing TDs. He did have some trouble holding on to the ball, fumbling it 10 times. He also caught 74.4% of the 43 passes thrown to him, the longest being for 91 yards and averaging 13.5 yards a catch while dropping 5 passes. His 32 receptions were good for 433 yards and 5 recieving TD’s. On special teams, he returned 1 Kickoff and 2 punts, averaging 27 and 18 yards respectfully. His total yards for the 500 snaps he has played in 13 games, starting 11 of those, is 1,976 yards and making 15 combined TDs. Definitely a candidate for Rookie of the Year, if not MVP.
Christopher Winston – New England
The bust or boom jury is still undecided on the fourth overall pick of this season’s draft. While not playing since straight out of High school, he is leading all the backfield rookies in snaps played at 574 in 15 games, starting 12 of those, the front office is waiting for him to break out. In 203 carries, he has gained 544 yards rushing, averaging 2.7 yards a carry and having 2 rushing TDs. His longest rush was for 29 yards. He seems better as a receiver though, averaging 10.7 yards on 24 receptions, catching 70.6% of the 34 number of passes thrown to him out of the backfield for 256 yards and 2 receiving TDs.
Francis Warren – Denver
Denver likes to run the ball. This was evident last season when they were in the top 8 of the league in that category. Therefore, it only goes to reason that they would draft someone who would maintain their ground and pound mentality. After having flashback dreams of another Eric Dickerson, Denver picked the 5’9” 218 pounder in the first round out of SMU. Warren tried his best to live up to the hype, rushing for 794 yards on 159 attempts and 4 rushing TDs, averaging a respectable 5.0 yards every time he touched the pigskin.
Bryan Jones – Houston
The 5”11’ 217# fourth rounder from Wisconsin was drafted to back up their workhorse, William Ebner. Jones rushed 215 times for 839 yards (second best among rookies) and 2 rushing TDs while playing in all the games coming off the bench.
WR Glen Lewis – Kansas City
Kansas City moved Lewis from his natural position into the Tailback position where he performed extremely well as a hybrid for the defending Champions. The last person picked in the 2nd round, the Rocket from Tulane was second among all rookie running backs in yards, just shy of 1,000 yards in less than 100 carries. He is averaging 12 yards a carry and had 6 rushing TDs. As a receiver, he had 2 TDs thru the air for a total of 8 combined TD’s
FULLBACKS (1)
Rodney Smith – American New York
The 6”1’ 243# taken in the second round from Bowling Green had only one purpose, block for their 3rd year Tailback, Fredrick Scott. In 456 plays from scrimmage in 14 games, Smith was the leading blocker that helped Schott rush for 12 TDs.
TIGHTENDS (1)
Edwin Gervais – Green Bay
The third TE taken overall in the 2nd round of this season’s draft played a total 272 snaps in 14 games, getting a chance to start in two. He was able to catch 73.3% of the 15 passes thrown his way. His 11 receptions for 176 yards got him a 16.0-yard receiving average. His longest catch of the season was for 51 yards and a Touchdown.
WIDE RECEIVERS (6)
Howard Stowe – Seattle
The fifth person picked in this season’s draft from Jackson State has become the first person Seattle’s quarterback looks for. His 1,097 receiving yards is the best among the rookie receiving class. He also had 70 receptions, five of them for a score. He also ran a punt back 65 yards for a TD.
Clayton Smith – New York Jets
Leading all the rookie receivers in receiving TDs this season with 6, this blast taken from Washington late in the first round, started 14 games for the defending divisional champions. He caught 56.3% of the 80 passes thrown to him, averaging 14.6 yards a catch, while dropping 4. His had 45 receptions for 657 yards, the longest being 67 yards.
Robert Maloney – Tennessee
The 6’ 198# wonder spent his days sitting outside the Tennessee training complex offering to run errands for the team. One day, after critizing veteran Receiver Kyle Orono on giving up on a play, Orono gave Maloney a chance to prove his speed by challenging him to a 100-yard footrace after practice. When the race started, Maloney, who only had street shoes, slipped on the wet ground, yet still was able to catch and pass Orono to win the race. Needless to say, Maloney now had Orono’s attention, as well as the coaches. Tennessee’s Head coach and their receiving coach worked Maloney out in private and were so sure of his abilities that they chose him #2 overall in the draft. He didn’t let them down because he started 11 of the 15 games he played catching 56 passes thrown his way for 987 yards and 4 receiving TDs.
Christopher Duke – Green Bay
The ONLY WR drafted in the fourth round proved to be the only one Green Bay will throw the ball to, catching 64.4% of the 90 passes thrown to him. While starting in 14 games, he has caught the ball 58 times for 804 yards and 3 receiving TDs.
Curtis Lee – Indianapolis
The 5’11” 198# Cornhusker and son of Tennessee Receiving Coach Jason Lee, was hoping to play in Tennessee under his father. But when they passed on him and picked Maloney, little Curtis was, to say, disappointed. However, he was still picked in the first round by divisional Rival. He started in 6 games of the 15 he played in. As a slot receiver, he averaged 18.8 yards a catch on his 24 receptions for 450 yards and 2 TDs thru the air. As a returner, his 12 kick returns for 358 yards and his 29 punt returns for 414 yards and a TD helped secure Indianapolis as the #1 seed in this year’s playoff. Lee’s total yards of 1,222 was best for all rookies. Anyone want to suggest that Thanksgiving at the Lee’s house could be awkward.
Joseph Nixon – Cleveland
Call it a moral victory if you want, or call it just sticking it to their arch rival city, but when Cleveland took Joseph Nixon out of Pittsburgh of all places, they believe they got a deal and not a crook. Starting in 12 of the 14 games that he has played in, he caught 52 passes for 646 yards and 1 TD.
CENTERS (2)
Jason Eady – Cleveland
The first Offensive Lineman taken in this year’s draft, and considered “too small” for the position, the 10th pick of the first round from out Florida State is clearly a stable foundation for any offensive line or offensive philosophy. In the 918 plays of the 14 games he has started, he has allowed 2 sacks while committing 6 penalties for 30 yards.
Douglas McDaniel – New England
The second pick of the third round, the 6’1” 295# out of Southern California played 976 snaps of the 14 games he played in where he allowed 4 sacks and was penalized 6 times for 55 yards.
GUARDS (6)
William Morris (L) – Atlanta
The second Offensive lineman taken in this season’s draft, and 15th overall, is a road-grading bulldozer on the run and unmovable wall to get around on the pass. Originally drafted as a guard for the left side, and regarded to be better on the right side, Morris is currently playing at the position of LT. In the 1,043 snaps that he played in the 14 games in which he started, he has only been penalized 2 times for 15 yards and has not allowed anyone to get to his QB.
Salvatore Lozano (L) – Oakland
The 6’4” UCLA Fighting Trojan taken in the first round started 14 games in which he played 900 snaps, allowing 4 sacks and has been penalized twice for 15 yards.
David Moss (L) – Los Angeles
The 6’6” 323# from Georgia that was taken in the second round started 12 games and played 772 snaps in the 13 games he played in. He has allowed 6 sacks and has been penalized 5 times for 45 yards
Christopher Egger (R) – Buffalo
The last Offensive lineman taken in this year’s draft has room for improvement in his pass blocking skills, having given up 14 sacks in 999 plays in the 16 games he has started. He also has been penalized 9 times for 75 yards. Chalk it up to rookie inexperience, but this Kansas Wildcat has HOF written all over him. Just give him some time.
Paul Wilson (R) – New England
Taken in the 6th round, the 6”3’ 316# from Tulsa started 9 games while playing in 14. In his 601 snaps, he allowed 8 sacks and only has been penalized 1 time for 15 yards.
TACKLES
Dana Post (L) – Detroit
Probably one of the most purest pass blockers in the league. Taken late in the second round from Alabama, he started all 16 games of the season. In 1,163 snaps, he gave up 5 sacks and has been penalized one time for 5 yards.
Neal Robinson (L) – Cincinnati
Ok, as the owner of this team, I am excited to see one of my players getting the recognition we all deserve. But, of course, I’m a little bias. Taken in the second round, this 6”5’ insurance policy from Brigham Young started 15 games in which he allowed only 4 sacks in 974 plays. Now if the team can stop playing musical QBs. He was penalized 4 times for 32 yards. Does need some work on his run blocking, but he’s one of my guys.
Daniel Jones (L) – Oakland
This second round gem started 14 games in which he gave up 3 sacks and was penalized 4 times in 951 plays
Emory Herman (R) – Houston
WOW!!!! is all I can say when I look at this player’s stats. Standing at 6”4 and weighing in at 320 pounds, this Houston Cougar taken in the first round has all the tools. He started 14 games and in 1,073 plays hasn’t been penalized nor did he allow anyone to get to his QB. This is what a RT should look like.
Patrick Fell (R) – Buffalo

Daniel Townsend (R) – Green Bay
Ends
Stacey Chin (L) – Denver
Norman Johnson (L) – Cincinnati
Marshal Moore (L) – Atlanta
Phillip Willard (R) – Atlanta
Thomas Williams (R) – Chicago
Donald Roberts (R) – Dallas
Defensive Tackles
Herbert Fields – Miami
Willie Cox – Dallas
Brandon Monzon – Los Angeles
Raymond Coulter – San Francisco
Defensive Backs
Ira Page – Jacksonville
James Abel – Chicago
Richard Shriver – New Orleans
Rocky Snow – Kansas City
Paul Dixon – New York Giants
Todd House – Jacksonville
Joshua Reed – New England
Robert Adam – Minnesota
Richard Allen – Denver
William Botkin – New England
Linebackers
Gregg Bell – Seattle
Brian Thornton – Philadelphia
William Shade – Cincinnati
Vincent Mullins – Detroit
Michael Smith – San Francisco
Richard Cline – New York Giants
Donald Morris – Chicago
Tony Washington – Minnesota
Timothy Zimmerman – Washington
Moses Camacho – New York Giants
Kickers
Howard Johnson – Dallas
Punters
Gary Benson – Miami
Kick Returner
Andrew Bailey –Pittsburgh
Brian Green – Jacksonville
Punt Returner
Roy Wells – Seattle

Re: 2018 ALL ROOKIE TEAM

By ssid_27
6/06/2017 1:56 am
Only one problem.....No L.A. Rams.....I don't think I had a rookie that made the team...I'll try and procure one this draft...

By Booger926
6/06/2017 5:08 pm
ssid_27 wrote:
Only one problem.....No L.A. Rams.....I don't think I had a rookie that made the team...I'll try and procure one this draft...

I'm trying to produce a winner through the draft

By Authorccurrier
6/07/2017 9:31 am
Ah, you had Timothy Zimmerman listed at MLB because he had to fill in right there after Howard and Swanson both were injured. He played DT all season and I switched him to DT after he was drafted, had to switch him back for a bit due to the injuries, but yeah, DT.

Thank you so much for the time and effort that you put into this!

Do you want to do a pro-bowl team, or should we split that and each do one for our own conference?

By Booger926
6/07/2017 4:12 pm
Authorccurrier wrote:

Thank you so much for the time and effort that you put into this!

Do you want to do a pro-bowl team, or should we split that and each do one for our own conference?

Go ahead and make a PRO-BOWL. Or if Anyone else wants to then go ahead. I'm working on a Mock Draft

By ssid_27
6/08/2017 12:57 am
I'd like to do some number crunching and come up with a Pro Bowl Team. I can do the AFC? Oh yeah, I Thank You as well for the articles. It brings these players to life in a way.
Last edited at 6/08/2017 1:00 am

By Booger926
6/08/2017 4:50 pm
ssid_27 wrote:
I'd like to do some number crunching and come up with a Pro Bowl Team. I can do the AFC? Oh yeah, I Thank You as well for the articles. It brings these players to life in a way.

I'm looking forward to your post. But If you need help, I can offer my services.