League Forums

Main - Team News

Shifty Shiflet Shows What He Has Got

By ssid_27
9/14/2017 9:45 am
Rewind the clock to 2017. San Francisco, California. Nicholas "Shifty" Shiflet has just been named Offensive Player of the Year by sportswriters. With 121 catches for 2185 yards, 14 TD he had set a receptions number no one has been able to touch as of yet.

Now present day, Los Angeles, California. Shifty is back! Through 3 games he has caught 19 passes for 401 yards. A far cry from 2017 but he and Ngo seem to be on the same page and if that remains, the NFC West could be in for some trouble from this offense.

" I never really went anywhere" said Shiflet, "ownership in San Francisco changed hands a couple times the last few seasons, those owners went a different route than what I could do."" I am happy to be here in LA, and I hope to help this team become a contender". The Rams couldn't be happier. He adds depth to an already stacked WR unit, has some veteran leadership qualities, and comes to play day in and day out.
"I feel I have it in me to play out a new contract" and his agent agrees, asking 1,500,000 guaranteed bonus money and then at least the league minimum. "He wants to play here, but if the LA owners don't sign, he will play elsewhere." said Shiflets agent.

Hope he and the Rams can work something out that benefits both sides and get this offense rolling. The Rams are still striving to make the playoffs and Shiflet being a part of it, it is more possible to be manifested.