League Forums

Main - League Help

How was my draft

By Booger926
4/19/2017 6:40 am
I believe that somewhere I read how training camp affects one's draft prospects in being known as a boom or a bust. I am asking the Vets here how does my prospects add up after their first camp. Being new, I don't know.

Round 1 - WLB William Shade +8/+1
Round 2 - LG Neal Robinson +1/0
Round 3 - RT Stephen Shafer +8/-2
Round 4 - LDE Norman Johnson +6/+3
Round 5 - QB Ronnie Mier +3/0
Round 6 - QB Daniel Ballard +3/+2
Round 7 - RB Paul Powell +6/-2

All the numbers are Greek to me and I am trying to figure them out.
Thnx for the help in advance.

Re: How was my draft

By mwd65
4/19/2017 9:51 am
Booger926 wrote:
I believe that somewhere I read how training camp affects one's draft prospects in being known as a boom or a bust. I am asking the Vets here how does my prospects add up after their first camp. Being new, I don't know.

Round 1 - WLB William Shade +8/+1
Round 2 - LG Neal Robinson +1/0
Round 3 - RT Stephen Shafer +8/-2
Round 4 - LDE Norman Johnson +6/+3
Round 5 - QB Ronnie Mier +3/0
Round 7 - RB Paul Powell +6/-2

All the numbers are Greek to me and I am trying to figure them out.
Thnx for the help in advance.

Hey Booger,
When I reflect on boom or bust for draft there are a couple things to take into consideration.

First, what round you drafted the player in. For example, if a first rounder goes -2 his first training camp, I'm not so worried. If his future is a 95 and he drops to a 93, not so bad. If he is a 3rd or 4th and future is 75-77, I'm more concerned because he is a player on the fringe of being a starter, and that -2 could make a difference.

The second thing I look at is the depth at that position. Is this a guy that will start and I could possibly trade my current starter and (hopefully) get some future draft picks?

Lastly, I look at the player's volatility. If it is a low VOL, and he goes down considerably, that is not good. Although you hate when anyone busts, the lower VOL guys, are the ones that frustrate me. If his VOL is high, well you took a gamble knowing this could happen.

With that said, I would summarize your picks...

Round 1 - WLB William Shade +8/+1 - Very nice - He's a starter moving in the right direction.
Round 2 - LG Neal Robinson +1/0 - Low VOL, no negative movement- good pick.
Round 3 - RT Stephen Shafer +8/-2 - I hate 3rd rounders! With 0 VOL, disappointing at -2, especially if he continues to fall.
Round 4 - LDE Norman Johnson +6/+3 - Good pick. Should get playing time with some seasoning.
Round 5 - QB Ronnie Mier +3/0 - Both QB's may have some trouble with the new release next season (ACC and INT not the best). But not bad picks for 5th and 6th rounders.
Round 7 - RB Paul Powell +6/-2 - Even if he was a considerable boom, he will be getting a pink slip.

Hope this was helpful. Good luck this season!

Re: How was my draft

By Booger926
4/19/2017 5:49 pm
Thnx for the help