League Forums

Main - League Help

Gameplan question

By Sylvo3
9/27/2017 4:40 pm
I feel like I'm getting a better feel for how everything works. I'm still just not 100% sure on how "edit player weights" works. Does it actually do anything for the team and for the player? Does it help focus training (stat growth) players in those weight classes? Players within set ratings determine how good overall that said player might for your gameplan/settings? For example: RB Joe Smith; my rating is 81/91 default is 75/89. I have set my own ratings for positions. I just wonder what it's actually doing verse leaving default? I tried reading through some of the threads in general help forums. I just hope some of you might help give some better insight.

Re: Gameplan question

By mwd65
9/27/2017 7:21 pm
Hey Sylvo!

Here is my understanding of player weights:

Each owner has their own techniques or game they like to play. By editing the default weights, it lets you pick and choose as to which attributes you would want or prefer for your team. For example, lets say you value a running back that has really good catching skills. When you go to edit player weights, you set the value for pass catching and route running higher than other attributes. This raises the default (or lowers if this is a bad attribute) rating for those with good catch and route running to a higher number, therefore this player would now have a higher rating (for you) for your style of play.

The player will not perform better because you edited their weights, it simply acts as a filter for those players and the specific attributes you want to collect on your team.

Hope this helps!

Re: Gameplan question

By Sylvo3
9/27/2017 8:03 pm
mwd65 wrote:
Hey Sylvo!

Here is my understanding of player weights:

Each owner has their own techniques or game they like to play. By editing the default weights, it lets you pick and choose as to which attributes you would want or prefer for your team. For example, lets say you value a running back that has really good catching skills. When you go to edit player weights, you set the value for pass catching and route running higher than other attributes. This raises the default (or lowers if this is a bad attribute) rating for those with good catch and route running to a higher number, therefore this player would now have a higher rating (for you) for your style of play.

The player will not perform better because you edited their weights, it simply acts as a filter for those players and the specific attributes you want to collect on your team.

Hope this helps!

Hey mwd,

Yes, thank you! It definitely helped answer my questions. I thought that was right, but for some reason I started to get a different feel for what that function did. At the same time you need to have the right scheme for the team to play effective.