League Forums

Main - Rivalries

Re: 2021 Game of the Week Analysis

By ssid_27
12/14/2017 1:45 am
This weeks GOTW is Miami at Dallas (Even)

When I first see this game what comes to mind? Leon Lett and Thanksgiving Day, snow in Dallas and Dallas losing a game they should have won. That was a fun game to watch.

This game I don't see being that contested. Miami QB Mabry is too good. They lead the league in pass receptions, pass yards per game, pass TD's per game. They are #2 in yards from scrimmage.

Dallas has LB Cardeneas. If he can do it all they might have a chance. Other than that, I think Dallas has their hands full here.

With the Vegas odds at even, you can win betting on the Dolphins. I say they win by 17 points. What do you see in this matchup authorccurrior? You see Dallas twice a season.

Missed this one 0-1
Last edited at 1/02/2018 10:33 pm

By Wolfkill
12/14/2017 6:43 pm
.............I have no words..................

By ssid_27
12/14/2017 8:14 pm
I have one <<<< J I N X >>>>>>>>>! just kidding. Good Luck tonight.

By Authorccurrier
12/15/2017 11:08 am
Sorry, had a family emergency yesterday and wasn't able to do the analysis.

Looks like turnovers killed Miami. Mabry had a rough performance, going 24-for-46 with 0 TDs and 4 INTs. Kenneth Dick, Dallas' 2nd-string RDE and younger brother of my RDE Stephan Dick (26 and 27 years old, respectively, and both attended Illinois), had an INT. Dallas LDE Gary Carnes had a career game with 5 tackles (two for a loss) and 4 sacks on Mabry.

Overall, the game was still a close one, with Dallas winning by a score, 14-7.

Drew Brees shakes his head in disapproval at Kenneth Mabry.
JJ Watt claps for Gary Carnes and Kenneth Dick.
Antonio Brown is nowhere to be seen.

By Wolfkill
12/15/2017 4:12 pm
the game is rigged i tell ya'
lol

By ssid_27
12/17/2017 2:14 am
Tampa Bay @ Atlanta
Tampa favored by 2.

Okay this game is an NFC South match up featuring two owner less teams. Both are tied for 2nd place in the division behind New Orleans. They are both on 2 game losing streaks, they are both 3-4, and they are both without a division win. This game could be a tie?

Atlanta has a couple good WR's with Bobert and Burnette, they can give opposing defensive coaches headaches. On defense they have 8 players who have an interception. That gives the team a +8 turnover ratio this year and that wins ball games.

Tampa has RB George Pierce who is coming off an ankle injury but still dangerous. They have the great Lee Lee, one of the leagues best TE's, WR's Schulz and Buss. The only question is can QB Curtis Gutierrez get them the football? Tampa has a -1 turnover ratio.

I think Atlanta will get the key turnover and win the ball game. If I were a bettin' man I wouldn't be able to put a bet on this one because I went all in with Miami last week vs Dallas and now I am broke.

Atlanta 24 Tampa 13.
Last edited at 12/17/2017 2:15 am

By ssid_27
12/19/2017 9:00 pm
SEATTLE @ SAN FRANCISCO Seattle favored by 1.

This is an interesting NFC West game. A Niners win closes the gap between the two. They would be in a tie or possibly a 3 way tie if Arizona wins too. Is it time for the division leadership to step aside and make way for the up and coming or will the division champion Seattle Seahawks keep their dominance in the division?

Both defenses get to the quarterback. S.F.'s defensive ends are monsters. Lovett leads the NFC with 13 sacks. Seattle has Rubin who has 7 sacks. San Francisco has the slight edge here.

The QB's are pretty close to the same yardage Jordan has 2,320 and SF;s Sanders 2,274. Jordans completion % is better than Sanders as is his interceptions. Seattle.

Special Teams. The Seahawks kicker hasn't missed a kick all season. Is he that good or is he due to miss? It would be a bad game to miss. SF has returner Stone, but Seattle covers punts well and the Seahawks have won games without a TD. Seattle has the advantage.

So it looks like Seattle has the edge on offense and Special teams. San Francisco on defense.

Personally, being in the NFC West, I wish they could both lose. But that is not how things work. I think it will be a 1 point game with Seattle winning 25-24.

By Authorccurrier
12/19/2017 10:51 pm
Huge game. I pick San Francisco by 3.

By Pernbronze
12/20/2017 9:36 pm
I've no intentions to surrender the division or the league. I intend to win the LC this season and every season to come.

By Booger926
12/21/2017 5:31 am
Pernbronze wrote:
I've no intentions to surrender the division or the league. I intend to win the LC this season and every season to come.

So do I.....

But we all know how that turns out